Pork and Asparagus Sheet-Pan Dinner
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cups diced new potatoes
- 3 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large gala or Honeycrisp apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and about 6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons southwest seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with foil; brush with 2 teaspoons olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place in 1 section of prepared baking pan. In same bowl, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place in another section of pan. Sprinkle salt and pepper over potatoes and asparagus.
- In same bowl, toss apple with 1 teaspoon olive oil. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; sprinkle over apples and toss to coat. Transfer to a different section of pan.
- Brush pork chops with remaining olive oil; sprinkle both sides with southwest seasoning. Place chops in remaining section of pan. Bake until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145° and potatoes and apples are tender, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 486 calories, 23g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 37g protein.
May 9, 2018
I made this yesterday...fantastic!! I'll make it next time using broccoli instead of asparagus.
Mar 29, 2018
We are going to have to try this again. My husband was helping me get it into the oven because I had to leave for a meeting. A couple of things were overlooked. The seasoning on the pork chops and the apples being peeled. The asparagus was cooked perfectly. The potatoes were good, a little too soft for our liking so a little bigger chunks next time (they were 1/2" this time). Also worth noting that I used red potatoes since new potatoes are hard to find here. When I came home and saw the chops so pale, I asked him about it because it looked nothing like the picture. He said he it didn't say to do anything. I guess he stopped reading the recipe. It's all good. I like one sheet dinners and hope that after we try again it will be an alternate to the chicken one we enjoy.
Mar 25, 2018
Turned out perfect the first time, easy to make, easy clean up!
Mar 17, 2018
The apples added a delicious sauce for the pork. I did not peel apples but just cut into one-inch pieces. My husband said this was a keeper recipe.
Mar 6, 2018
This was awesome I will definitely make it again. I only made 2 changes. I took the suggestion from a previous review and cooked the potatoes for 15 minutes then removed the pan and added the other ingredients and baked for the 20-25 minutes. I also added a little garlic powder to the asparagus.
Mar 4, 2018
I loved the convenience of this. Awesome flavor too. I have to say that I prefer the potatoes crispy so next time I would probably start them first and add the rest of the ingredients 15 minutes later.
Feb 12, 2018
Delicious, I had some sweet Italian sausage handy so I split the chops and put some in the pocket. I am not familiar with the SWseasoning so l just used pickling salt and pepper. The Apple was so good. I will make this again. Janet VFE
Jan 27, 2018
This was so easy and delicious. Highly recommend!