Pork & Potato Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 green onions, sliced
- In a 12-in. skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Cook pork 2-4 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until almost tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in potatoes, 1-1/2 cups broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sauce is thickened. Stir in green onions. Return pork to pan and heat through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 282 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.
Nov 17, 2016
Very good recipe. I did not follow everything like using pork tenderloin.., i used pork chops and just cut it small. It was good!
Jan 11, 2015
Great recipe! My family really enjoyed it. My 7 year old even commented how juicy the meat was! Will definitely make again!
Dec 16, 2014
Yum! Added Northwoods seasoning (Penzeys.com) when I was cooking the meat. Removed the mushrooms when they were done and added them back in with the meat at the end. Instead of thickening with flour, I just stirred in 4 oz. of cream cheese. (Most of the chicken stock had cooked into the potatoes, so it was very thick and I added a little extra stock with the cream cheese.) Very tasty dinner!
Sep 23, 2014
Wow! This went over well with my family. Husband even liked it. Very tasty. Great flavor!
Feb 14, 2014
Really good all-in-one skillet supper. Easy and filling, who could ask for more on a busy, cold winter night? In fact, I have to confess that my husband cooked most of the dish before I got home. He's a big hearty eater so we did get a laugh out the fact that I ate one portion and he at the rest when the recipe commented it feeds 4 people! We were both impressed with the recipe and will make it again.
Feb 12, 2014
I enjoyed the gravy but my family decided this recipe was just "okay". It was fun to try but we'll opt for something different next time.
Jan 29, 2014
Was also pleasantly surprised! We really enjoyed this meal. We did skip the mushrooms.
Jan 27, 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by how flavorful this turned out. I loved how it made a nice rich gravy as rwippel mentioned. I warmed up a can of peas and had that with the dish, and I think that made it even better.
Nov 4, 2013
My husband really wanted to try this recipe. I said if you want it, why don't you cook it? Well he did and it was good. The flour and chicken broth made a lovely, light gravy. Peas would be a nice addition to this dish too!
Oct 7, 2013
Good flavor, and quick to prepare. I didn't have mushrooms, but added a sliced onion and sliced carrots.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.