Grecian Pasta & Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine or water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces multigrain thin spaghetti
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup roasted sweet red pepper strips
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, combine the first 6 ingredients; add spaghetti. Bring to a boil. Cook until chicken is no longer pink and spaghetti is tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, spinach, red pepper, olives, green onion, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, oil and pepper. Cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 373 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 20, 2018
My family loves this recipe! So easy and delicious!! Definitely adding into my rotation of meals to make.
Nov 6, 2017
This was easy to make, which I like, and tasted good as well.
Sep 21, 2016
I do not care for lemon so was not sure I'd like this but cut the lemon juice in half and it was marvelous.
May 6, 2016
Very good. Made the recipe exactly as stated except I took a reviewer's advice and increased the spaghetti (to 6 oz.) and was glad I did. We like our pasta and there was still plenty of liquid. Will definitely make again.
Mar 4, 2016
I'm not a real artichoke fan, but this recipes folds them in very nicely. I also don't usually have much luck cooking pasta in with the other ingredients, so I cooked the spaghetti separately and added it at the end. The dish is attractive and very tasty.
Feb 17, 2016
This was totally delicious! I topped it with Parmesan instead of feta since that's what I had on hand. I'll definitely be making this in the future.
Feb 1, 2016
I remember Roxanne Chan appearing in a section of a Better Homes & Garden Issue decades ago where they featured winners! Well, Roxanne, you have another winner! I loved the quick way it went together and the flavors worked so well together. My husband asked me to put in more pasta next time--not only would he simply like to eat more pasta but he felt all the liquids make it a tad soup-y. I did add feta cheese to the top in the serving bowl. Yum! I also left out the red pepper strips b/c I didn't have any.
Feb 1, 2016
This recipe was easy and delicious. The family was impressed at how quickly it was prepared and I was impressed that I had all the ingredients on hand. It's a keeper for a quick and yummy weeknight meal.