Gnocchi Chicken Skillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken and onion in oil over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, salt and oregano; cook until heated through, 5-10 minutes.
- Drain gnocchi; gently stir into skillet. Garnish servings with cheese if desired.
Editor's NoteLook for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 598 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 1632mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 30g protein.
May 18, 2017
This was good. I added mushrooms, peppers and spices. We like chicken with pasta sauce. I make chicken cacciatore often. I would make again adding spices and other ingredients. Thanks for the recipe.
Sep 25, 2015
I made this last weekend and its still sitting in the fridge. My husband didn't care for it at all. I didn't care for the combination of spaghetti sauce with chicken. I think I might try this with hamburger instead. Or maybe just make the gnocchi and chicken and use some of my homemade white sauce instead of the spaghetti sauce.
Sep 13, 2015
Great with scratch sauce.
Jan 18, 2013
rather simple to make. im just a house husband and put this together in less than an hour to serve. i added xtra mushrooms, 3/4 orange bell pepper. basil, oregano, garlic salt, onion salt, and a 25oz jar of simply nature organic tomato basil sauce. experiment a lot with cooking so adding or subtracting to ones tastes to me is the art of cooking, otherwise the recipe will do fine. bon appetite italiana.
Mar 3, 2011
Just tried this and even though I only had half of the gnocchi called for, it was still delicious. The brand of spaghetti sauce will make a big difference in flavor, so use a favorite. I also added 4oz of fresh mushrooms for a little extra flavor. There is not much "kick" to this dish, so if you like spice, season to taste. This is a keeper.
Sep 1, 2010
I added zucchini and 1/2 tsp each of dried basil and parsley. It was good and will make it again when it's cold out.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.