Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- Hot cooked orzo pasta, optional
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add chicken; saute until no longer pink, 7-9 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil; add next 6 ingredients. Cook and stir until onion is translucent, 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender, 3-4 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; add olives. Simmer, uncovered, until chicken is heated through, 2-3 minutes. If desired, serve with orzo.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 172 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 393mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Apr 23, 2020
I loved it. I made a small batch for one person using the ingredients below, but was out of greek seasoning and added some dried oregano. It was still very good. I didn't have black olives so I supstituted green . Overall, it worked and I liked it.
Aug 30, 2019
I loved the flavors in this dish. The olives and lemon and tomatoes...all very good on the orzo. I just couldn't add the capers but know they'd add even another layer of flavor. I just can't eat them.
Aug 15, 2019
I used 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead of water
Aug 10, 2019
Very good. Pretty spicy! 1 TBSP of Lemon Pepper is a lot! I used less and it was still too spicy. Better next day. I added some white wine And baby peas at the end.
Aug 9, 2019
This was delicious. I used 1 can of diced tomatoes, kalamata olives, and chicken broth to make it a bit more saucy to put over the orzo. For the lemon-pepper seasoning, I used Penzeys' salt-free Sunny Spain seasoning.
Aug 8, 2019
I was excited to try this recipe after reading the reviews. I was so disappointed in the lack of flavor even with substantial amounts of spices listed in the recipe. I added extra spice, lemon zest and lemon juice but still was so bland. I think using crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce may have helped. Will not make this again!
Feb 19, 2019
This was so quick and so much flavor. I added fresh cooked spinach to my orzo to get more vegetables in. I also added white wine and a little chicken broth because my husband likes more juice. Look forward to making this again.
Nov 14, 2018
This is so good!! And a great way to use up tomatoes, and even other veggies!! Really easy and flavorful
Jan 22, 2018
Yummers. Qucik and easy. Great way to use garden fresh tomatoes, also I used canned diced during winter months.
Jul 23, 2017
Delicious! The whole family loved this. I used a can of petite diced tomatoes with a tablespoon of tomato paste instead of the fresh tomatoes.