Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- Lemon slices
- Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; slice into cutlets 1-1/2 in. wide. Place beaten eggs in a shallow bowl; in a separate shallow bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Dip chicken in egg, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches, adding oil as needed, until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side. Remove; drain on paper towels.
- For lemon sauce, add water, lemon juice and bouillon to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced by half, 8-10 minutes. Return chicken to pan; toss to coat. Cook until heated through, 4-6 minutes. Serve with lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 318 calories, 19g fat (3g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 806mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Jun 4, 2018
Really tasty chicken! Instead of pounding the chicken breasts, I cut them into thin strips and then put them in the eggs and breadcrumbs. They turned out quite tender. There is a lot of flavor in this recipe - we'll definitely make it again.
May 5, 2018
This was really awesome. It's so easy that I changed a few things. Instead of using eggs, I used two tablespoons of mayonnaise with two teaspoons of water as my soaking mixture. This helps the breading to adhere to the chicken better. And then, along with the spices, I added a 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon, depending on your taste buds, of "slap yo mama" brand Cajun seasoning. Since that's French I had no problem adding it. And "J’ai fini?!"
Apr 23, 2018
This meal is amazing. I didn’t make the lemon sauce and added shredded Parmesan instead of grated and added a nice twist. This is a repeat.
Apr 11, 2018
This was a quick and easy recipe for supper. I would also serve as an appetizer. Mixed panko chips with bread crumbs and used chicken broth instead of bouillon cubes. Lemon juice at the end made a big difference. Would do this recipe again.
Apr 11, 2018
Made this tonight and everyone loved it. I had dry Italian breadcrumbs, so I used those and added only parmesan to the crumbs, since everything else was already there. And I substituted chicken broth for the bouillon cubes and water. The lemon sauce takes this over the top! Served with saffron rice and roasted broccoli and carrots. Would be great served over linguine with a side salad too. A keeper!
Mar 30, 2018
We had this last night and it was OUTSTANDING. I coated in Dixie Fry and did a med/low browning in about 2 tbl of veg oil. It takes a little longer at med/low but you get that bright golden yellow color and it protects the juiciness. The king of this recipe is the great lemon sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.