Warm Chicken Tortellini Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups refrigerated spinach tortellini, cooked
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups grated Asiago cheese, divided
- Fresh basil, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/4 cup of juices. Coarsely chop; combine with chicken, tortellini, mayonnaise, 1 cup cheese and reserved artichoke liquid. Place artichoke mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until bubbly and starting to brown, about 30 minutes. If desired, garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 709 calories, 54g fat (13g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Sep 16, 2019
I thought this recipe was very good. I only used 1 jar of artichokes and added some minced garlic. The dish was very creamy. I also used 2 cans of canned chicken breast because I had it. I will definitely make it again.
Mar 27, 2019
I am so sorry but this is one of the most disgusting, meals, that even I, a lover of pasta, cheese, chicken and artichokes...could not eat....ohhhh I tried cuz of all the work I put into it.......let me suggest that TWO 14 oz. cans of artichokes is way, way too much...it overpowered the dish.....the dish wasn't creamy at all, quite dry.....have subscribed to your magazine for some time, got so many delicious recipes, but this one I printed it going right into the garbage disposal...
Jan 13, 2019
I am eating this as I write. What a flavorful dish and so easy to make. I really like that it only has five ingredients. I did make a slight modification. I used Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise (I don't care for may) but I didn't have enough on hand. A quick google search said a good substitute for mayo is Greek yogurt. Well, all I have on hand is vanilla flavor but since I only needed 1/2 cup and it is a bit tart, I decided to go for it. And, the only refrigerated tortellini I could find was spinach and Romano cheese. This has a wonderful tangy flavor from the artichokes that combines nicely with the soft flavor of the tortellini to make a very tasty dish. I didn't even have to add salt because there is enough flavor that it's not needed. This will become one of my go to dishes for sure.