Warm Chicken Tortellini Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups refrigerated spinach tortellini, cooked
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 cups grated Asiago cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain artichoke hearts, reserving 1/4 cup of juices. Coarsely chop; combine with chicken, tortellini, mayonnaise, 1 cup cheese and reserved artichoke liquid. Place artichoke mixture in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until bubbly and starting to brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 709 calories, 54g fat (13g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 34g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
I am eating this as I write. What a flavorful dish and so easy to make. I really like that it only has five ingredients. I did make a slight modification. I used Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise (I don't care for may) but I didn't have enough on hand. A quick google search said a good substitute for mayo is Greek yogurt. Well, all I have on hand is vanilla flavor but since I only needed 1/2 cup and it is a bit tart, I decided to go for it. And, the only refrigerated tortellini I could find was spinach and Romano cheese. This has a wonderful tangy flavor from the artichokes that combines nicely with the soft flavor of the tortellini to make a very tasty dish. I didn't even have to add salt because there is enough flavor that it's not needed. This will become one of my go to dishes for sure.