Skillet Chicken with Olives
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, optional
- Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, pepper and salt. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add olives, wine and, if desired, capers. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 2-3 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without capers): 237 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Jan 7, 2019
My wife and I thought this was very tasty. I believe next time we will do chicken breast, and try white wine instead of the chicken broth. will differently be making again.
Nov 8, 2017
Feb 25, 2016
Very easy to make and chicken was tender. Flavor was good but was too salty for us and my husband is a salt everything person. I like the flavor though so I think next time, I will skip the salt and the capers. Hubby wants me to try half black olives and half green. I'll see how it comes out.
Feb 25, 2016
This chicken was very tasty, and also e-z to prepare. I didn't use capers, but we loved the olives with the chicken very much! We enjoyed it, and I'll definitely make it again. Thanx Joseph!
May 21, 2015
Excellent flavor, easy and fast. This is sure to be a regular at the table.
Mar 4, 2015