Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 medium carrots, sliced diagonally
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook carrots in remaining oil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add broccoli and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in the chicken, broth, cheese, basil and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain pasta; serve with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with additional cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 463 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 2, 2017
I make this at least once a fortnight. It's not bland at all, I really love the bright colors in the dish. My husband loves it and always asks for more. We don't use boneless chicken breasts very often, only because whole chicken is cheaper and hubby loves nibbling off the carcass. LOL.
Oct 6, 2016
Tasty. Only complaint was that I had to cook for what seemed like forever to get the carrots tender. I eventually covered the pan because they just kept tasting crunchy every time I tried them. Will make again!
Jan 30, 2016
The flavor was great but I wish there was something to hold the pasta together. The liquid in the chicken was just soaked up by the pasta. I'd like something a little creamier. Will adapt this next time
Nov 2, 2015
This was quick, easy, and only required a handful of ingredients. It was also delicious!
Jun 18, 2015
Try with roasted chicken from grocery. I'm going to also try with herb roasted.
Apr 30, 2015
Delicious and easy. Not bland at all. I wish it had just a few more veggies. Next time I might add mushrooms in addition to the carrots and broccoli.
Feb 11, 2015
Nov 4, 2014
Excellent! The whole family loved it!
Aug 20, 2014
This was easy to prepare and very tasty.
Aug 10, 2014
I made this for myself when my husband was working out of town. Very easy and tasty! Loved it and will make it again......maybe when the hubby is around, lol! Might keep it just for me!!