Gnocchi with Spinach and Chicken Sausage
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links, halved and sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook sausage and shallots until sausage is browned and shallots are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in wine. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and cream; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain gnocchi; add to pan and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
Test Kitchen tips
Editor's NoteLook for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 604 calories, 28g fat (12g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Dec 27, 2019
Really yummy. Made for our Family Christmas gathering and got great comments. Used suggestions from other rating: kale and mushrooms.
Dec 11, 2018
I wanted something for dinner and found this recipe. The only things I did differently: 1) using kale instead of spinach since spinach can become a little slimmy, 2) added mushrooms, 3) used chicken broth instead of wine. None of those items would have changed how good this recipe is on it's own!!! My hubby whom is picky when it comes to having greens in a dish, thoroughly enjoyed this dish! We will be making this many more times in the future!!! Thank you!!