Angel Hair Pasta with Sausage & Spinach
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each), sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 2 packages (9 ounces each ) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add spinach. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender and spinach is wilted. In a small bowl, combine the flour, pepper and cream until smooth; gradually stir into pasta mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 563 calories, 26g fat (10g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1546mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 25g protein.
Apr 30, 2019
First off never need flour with heavy cream...second... putting uncooked noodles in a recipe is never A good option, especially a thin noodle. Was a gooey mess and had to add water and more broth to save it and still wasn’t to my standards. I love to cook, and think pretty good at it and this recipe needs a lot of tweaking. Will tweak and repost when I master it. Very disappointed... have always had good luck with taste of home recipes and this one was not good.