Linguine with Garlic Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 5 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- In the drippings, saute spinach and onion until spinach is wilted and onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the milk, cream cheese, butter, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir until smooth. Stir in pine nuts and bacon; heat through. Drain pasta; toss with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 547 calories, 32g fat (15g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2015
We added Parmesan cheese to this and it made the meal!!!
Nov 1, 2014
This was good with a really rich sauce. The pine nuts added something different and I served with grated Parmesan which added a lot to the flavor. Garlic bread and salad makes a complete meal.
Oct 13, 2013
We used almonds instead of pine nuts because we're poor and it was still way good
Apr 24, 2013
LOVED IT! total keeper :)
Oct 17, 2011
This is a definite keeper! Will be making this quite often.
Mar 17, 2011
My family loves this recipe. I hadn't made it for a long time, and I was making a different dish, and he was disappointed that it wasn't this one. On occasion, I've added shrimp to it.
Nov 1, 2010
My family really liked this. I used walnuts since pine nuts are so expensive
Sep 24, 2010
I have made this recipe too many times to count. I love it! It is easy and comes out just like the picture shows. If you want to impress your family or guest, this is the way to go.
Sep 1, 2009
This is one of my husband's favorite dishes. Which is nice that it is fast and easy.
Jun 6, 2009
I love this recipe-we use it often--the pine nuts add a lot