Ginger Garlic Linguine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, ginger, basil and cayenne in butter for 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain the linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 359 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2013
This was really good served as a side dish with glazed salmon.
May 19, 2010
Yummy! We loved this dish. I reduced the butter to 6 tbsp. I left out the basil (bc I forgot) and the cayenne (bc I don't like it) and it was perfect. In my opinion, the basil and cayenne are not needed because the garlic and ginger are so good together. Make sure you use fresh ginger, not the powdered stuff. I will definitely be making this many times in the future.
May 1, 2010
Way too much butter for the pasta. It seemed too greasy and you couldn't taste much of the spices. Just ok.
Feb 14, 2010
We really liked this recipe. I halved the recipe and served it as a side dish along with the Bombay Chicken you can find on Taste of Home. I used whole wheat noodles and added a bit moe parmesean cheese then what the recipe suggests. I plan on making this again in the future!