Angel Hair Pasta with Lobster
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 lobster tails (8 to 10 ounces each)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Shredded Romano or Parmesan cheese, optional
- Carefully remove lobster meat from shells; cut into 1-in. pieces and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomato puree, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat. Stir in lobster; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until lobster is firm and opaque.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; add to lobster mixture and toss to coat. Stir in the arugula, lemon juice and peel; cook for 1-2 minutes or until arugula is wilted. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 290 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Sep 12, 2013
This was horrible! Way too much lemon. We ate a small amount and then just threw it out. What a waste of good lobster.
May 14, 2013
Excellent, I added more arugula, red pepper flakes and most importantly some pasta water to extend the sauce. yum!!
Apr 7, 2012
I used cooking Sherry instead of white wine and tomato paste instead of tomato puree simply because that is what I had on hand. It was excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.