Gnocchi Chicken Minestrone
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1-1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 each small green, sweet red and yellow peppers, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped prosciutto or deli ham
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup canned cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package (16 ounces) potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken with oregano, salt and pepper. In a Dutch oven, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender. Add prosciutto and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomatoes, beans, peas, tomato paste and chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain; stir into soup. Garnish each serving with cheese and basil.
Editor's NoteLook for potato gnocchi in the pasta or frozen foods section.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 324 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1163mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 26, 2019
A favorite in our house! I use a small package of pancetta (instead of proscuitto) and cook it till crispy before sauteing the veggies.
Feb 6, 2016
Delicious! My son said this was a keeper.
Nov 18, 2015
Good soup and enough to share with college kids.
Dec 21, 2014
Had steak on hand and followed rest of the recipe as directed...fabulous!
Apr 12, 2014
Very tasty and hearty soup and freezes well.
Feb 16, 2014
Can you freeze this soup with the gnocchi in it?
Nov 18, 2013
Great soup!....loved it
Nov 17, 2013
We liked it but didn't love it. All the veges included are a real plus.
Feb 12, 2013
Very yummy soup! :) I omitted the zucchini, mushrooms and ham to better suit our tastes. We will definitely be trying this again!
Jun 5, 2012
I've tried several Minnestrone recipes and this was by far the best. A new favorite soup recipe for my family! Even my husband loved it, and he usually won't eat soup!