Chicken and Peas with Pasta
This creamy noodle dinner has a savory, satisfying flavor that just says "home". Unfortunately, everyone likes it so much there are never any leftovers!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a 5-qt. Dutch oven, saute chicken in oil over medium heat until browned. Add onion, pepper and garlic; saute until tender. Add peas, broth, cream, Italian seasoning and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese; simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 450 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 397mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Chicken and Peas with Pasta in Country Chicken Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.