Vegetable Beef Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. In a large bowl, combine beef, vegetables, soup and pepper. Spoon into crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pie. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Place pie on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time to 5-10 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 8, 2013
Lovely presentation but kind of bland. In all fairness, I couldn't find cream of onion soup. I used mushroom with 2 tbsp powdered onion soup mix added to it.
Oct 31, 2011
I have made this several times. My family really enjoys it. My father-in-law really likes it too, (he isn't an easy man to please) so I make it when he visits. I can't find condensed cream of onion soup, so I use chopped onions and cream of mushroom soup.