Vegetable Beef Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mixed vegetables, drained or 1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge. In a large bowl, combine beef, vegetables, soup and pepper. Spoon into crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pie. To use, remove from freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 400°. Place pie on a baking sheet; cover edge loosely with foil. Bake as directed, increasing time to 5-10 minutes or until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Mar 8, 2013
Lovely presentation but kind of bland. In all fairness, I couldn't find cream of onion soup. I used mushroom with 2 tbsp powdered onion soup mix added to it.
Oct 31, 2011
I have made this several times. My family really enjoys it. My father-in-law really likes it too, (he isn't an easy man to please) so I make it when he visits. I can't find condensed cream of onion soup, so I use chopped onions and cream of mushroom soup.