Beef Nacho Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1-1/2 cups crushed nacho-flavored tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in a greased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chips over crust. Top with meat mixture. Carefully spread sour cream over meat mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining chips. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 391 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 765mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Feb 23, 2017
Big hit with my two girls. Great flavor and easy to make. This is a keeper!!!
May 28, 2016
I liked the flavor overall but the taco chips were soggy. Next time I would skip putting them on the bottom of the crust and just on top. This is a good base recipe that can easily be modified to individual taste.
Mar 29, 2016
With all the glorious reviews before mine, I must have done something wrong because this was a definite "ick" for us. I know I used only 2 Tbsp of taco seasoning as written in the recipe, but that flavor was overpowering. Perhaps it was the particular brand of taco seasoning? The Beef Nacho Pie I made was a disappointing dinner flop.
Mar 15, 2016
Used 1 cup mild picante /salsa in place of tomato sauce, but followed the recipe as written otherwise. This is really good! Will definitely make this again,
Mar 8, 2016
Everyone but the kids liked this so it works out. Made modifications for what I had, used can of fire roasted tomatoes w/chilies instead of sauce, didn't have sour cream. And the kids got into the bag of Doritos so used those sparingly. topped with lettuce, tomatoes and avocado. Was really good would make again.
Feb 20, 2016
My family really enjoyed this dish! Simple to make with great texture and flavor. I will be making this again!
Nov 24, 2015
This meal was a homerun with my husband! I'll definitely be making this again soon.
Aug 17, 2015
This is my husbands most requested recipe! My three boys love it too. We also top it with fresh diced tomatoes and sliced olives before serving. Thanks for sharing the recipe that has become a family favorite!
Mar 9, 2015
My family LOVES this... with some flavor modifications. I used salsa instead of tomato sauce and added a small can of green chilies. Served it with shredded lettuce & diced tomatoes. It takes longer to smush the crescent rolls together than to mix up the rest of it.
Feb 6, 2015
Not too bad. I added a drained can of corn to the meat mixture before simmering. I think it definitely helped. I might try adding the sour cream after baking next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.