Beef Spinach Hot Dish
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the mushrooms, salt, oregano and pepper. Add the spinach, soup and sour cream. Stir in half of the cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 269 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 835mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 12, 2016
Dinner fail. :( With all the great reviews and positive feedback, I thought this would be a surefire hit. None of my family members enjoyed this dish and we ended up throwing it away. i followed directions exactly. Overpowering spinach (and we very much enjoy spinach.) Did not find that flavors matched. Disappointed we spent at least $15 to make this casserole and ended up in the garbage.
Feb 15, 2016
I used 1# hot Italian Sausage instead of the beef. It was absolutely scrumptious!
Apr 14, 2014
This was good- we both liked it quite a bit! It was easy to make and the flavors blended together nicely.
Mar 14, 2014
I really loved this dish. I made it with the turkey. My husband loved it too.
Feb 25, 2013
I Absolutely Love This Recipe, It is a Hit everytime I make this at Home or For a Social Get Together!!
Jan 23, 2013
Good & gooey. May add in some noodles next time. Used mushroom soup & fresh sautéed mushrooms.
Oct 17, 2012
I have made this many times. My husband loves it. I've used turkey at times along with a small can of chopped chiles. I use whatever cheese I have at the time. You really can't mess this recipe up. Delicious!
May 24, 2012
Everyone loved this casserole! The mozzarella made it so gooey. Plus, it was so creamy!
Nov 11, 2010
This is so yummy! I'd eat the whole pan myself, but I doubt my man would appreciate that!
Nov 4, 2010
I followed the recipe just as it was given. I served it with salad, and it made an excellent meal. I will definitely make this again.