One-Pot Spinach Beef Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in broth, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle servings with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 258 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2019
Good recipe. Made it for family and it was enjoyed. I added onion to ground beef when browning. This is a keeper and will make again.
Jan 31, 2019
I could go on and on about how wonderful this soup is--my husband ate 4 bowls! I 1 1/2 the recipe (except the beef as I only had 1 pound), and my 6 qt pot was full. I couldn't find the tomatoes as listed so I used Italian diced tomatoes. Next time I will add even more spinach and try a smaller pasta so that there is a piece in every spoon. ;) . This is going into the monthly rotation!
Mar 9, 2018
This is sooooo good - All I did was add an onion is all but stayed with all the rest of the recipe. So good . . . definitely a keeper! It is so flavorful!
Feb 11, 2018
My husband and I love this soup. I was looking for a new soup recipe to add to the rotation during this brutally cold winter and this one is exceptional.
Jan 1, 2018
Delicious and easy! Used half beef and half italian sausage (as suggested below).
Aug 3, 2017
This is the easiest soup ever. Great flavor and easy to change it up. I did use ground lamb instead of beef, its a texture thing.
Jul 1, 2017
This soup is easy and delicious! My husband and I enjoyed it for dinner tonight and it's a real keeper! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.
Apr 1, 2016
Very good soup! I used UNsalted broth so ended up adding about 1 tsp. of salt. I made 1/2 the recipe and was enough for two meals for my husband and me!
Mar 14, 2016
Very good recipe! I could not find the diced tomatoes at my local grocery store, so for the 1/2 recipe I made, I diced 2 stalks of celery, a small onion, and 1/4 of a green pepper and added them to the meat as it was browning. I also used the mini version of the bow-tie/farfalle pasta. I will definitely make this again! Half of the recipe made 5 soup bowls.
Nov 18, 2015
Our family liked it.