One-Pot Spinach Beef Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (2-1/2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cartons (32 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery and onion, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles, 6-8 minutes; drain. Stir in broth, tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until pasta is tender, 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in spinach until wilted. Sprinkle servings with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 258 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 4, 2019
Warm, hearty, simple, and delicious! Everything a comforting bowl of soup should be. A definite keeper!
Nov 23, 2019
Great! Used frozen spinach. Less pasta.
Oct 25, 2019
Fantastic! I love the bowties in there.
Sep 16, 2019
Very good soup! I reduced the amount of pasta to 2 cups and it was perfect for us.
Aug 27, 2019
Everyone loved it and requested it again. I skipped the cheese because of allergies and used fresh basil and oregano because I had it on hand. I also used a medium red pepper, 4 celery stalks, and one onion and used a can of no salt diced tomatoes to get the same flavor of her diced tomatoes (and because I had this all on hand).. Then I used 4 cans broth and one can water with a heaping teaspoon of Beef Better than Bullion to equal approximately the two cartons of broth.
Jun 4, 2019
We love a great soup recipe! This was a winner in our house. Sometimes we use the spicy Italian sausage instead of ground beef to give it more of a kick. Super dish.
May 8, 2019
Great recipe! Used spicy pork sausage. Well liked. Can easily be made on stovetop if desired. Either way it makes a hearty soup! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy classic flavors presented in new and healthy ways!
Mar 10, 2019
Good recipe. Made it for family and it was enjoyed. I added onion to ground beef when browning. This is a keeper and will make again.
Jan 31, 2019
I could go on and on about how wonderful this soup is--my husband ate 4 bowls! I 1 1/2 the recipe (except the beef as I only had 1 pound), and my 6 qt pot was full. I couldn't find the tomatoes as listed so I used Italian diced tomatoes. Next time I will add even more spinach and try a smaller pasta so that there is a piece in every spoon. ;) . This is going into the monthly rotation!
Mar 9, 2018
This is sooooo good - All I did was add an onion is all but stayed with all the rest of the recipe. So good . . . definitely a keeper! It is so flavorful!