Spinach and Sausage Lentil Soup
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 45 min.
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups fresh spinach (about 4 ounces)
- Crumbled goat cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in lentils, beans, broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in spinach until wilted. If desired, serve with goat cheese. Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 390 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1242mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 8g fiber), 22g protein.
Sep 7, 2017
This recipe was easy and tasty. We used regular sausage instead of spicy because we were feeding our two year old and it still had plenty of flavor. We did add two extra cups of water to get a little more broth. I will make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.