Vegetable Lentil Soup
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
Makes6 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans (about 8 ounces)
- Place first eight ingredients in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until lentils are tender, about 4 hours.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Cook, covered, on high until heated through, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 217 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 685mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 11g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 2, 2018
This soup is extra delicious with the Taste Of Home Walnut Balls recipe added in when you add the green beans!
Mar 21, 2016
This is my second time making this soup. I love vegetables, so this soup was right on for me and my family. I added zucchini and lots more dice carrots and some celery too. YUM
Jul 16, 2013
A great recipe and simple to make. I substituted potatoes for the butternut squash and also put the green beans and tomatoes in at the beginning with the rest of the ingredients. It worked out well and it tasted great! I also added about 1/2 tsp salt for taste since none is in the recipe