Easy Beef Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 29, 2018
Very easy economical vegetable soup. I personally thought it needed a little more spice so I added some chili powder , pepper and seasoned salt to my leftovers. Overall a very tasty soup.
Jan 31, 2016
Great...I left out the tomato sauce added celery, fresh spinach and used frozen corn instead of mixed vegies
Jan 16, 2013
I prefer a beefy taste rather than the over-powering tomato taste.
Jan 15, 2012
This recipe is great. I didn't change or add anything. I doubled the recipe and used a 4 quart saucepan.
Sep 15, 2011
Good and quick. Easy to double. Makes a hearty meal on a cold day.
Feb 6, 2011
I have used this recipe several times. I use mixed canned vegetables instead of frozen vegetables. It is so easy to make.