Easy Beef Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 750mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 29, 2018
Very easy economical vegetable soup. I personally thought it needed a little more spice so I added some chili powder , pepper and seasoned salt to my leftovers. Overall a very tasty soup.
Jan 31, 2016
Great...I left out the tomato sauce added celery, fresh spinach and used frozen corn instead of mixed vegies
Jan 16, 2013
I prefer a beefy taste rather than the over-powering tomato taste.
Jan 15, 2012
This recipe is great. I didn't change or add anything. I doubled the recipe and used a 4 quart saucepan.
Sep 15, 2011
Good and quick. Easy to double. Makes a hearty meal on a cold day.
Feb 6, 2011
I have used this recipe several times. I use mixed canned vegetables instead of frozen vegetables. It is so easy to make.