- 2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the croutons and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic salt. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato slices; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
1 slice: 241 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.