Spinach Pie Parma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 cups seasoned croutons, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
- In a bowl, combine the croutons and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. In a bowl, combine the spinach, cottage cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, eggs, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic salt. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Garnish with tomato slices; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 241 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 645mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2014
I made this as a side dish for a baked Parmesan Chicken recipe. I substituted fresh spinach because I hate working with frozen. Overall I was quite pleased with it.