Biscuit Turkey Bake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chopped cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Dash each ground cumin, dried basil and thyme
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, turkey, mushrooms, peas, milk and seasonings. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; arrange biscuits over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 327 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1117mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Nov 28, 2017
I followed the recommendation of others to cook the biscuits to avoid them being doughy. I doubled the recipe for the ingredients and used 12 biscuits. For our family of 6, we did not have any leftovers. I put all of the ingredients, minus the biscuits, in a pot and cooked it on medium, turning it down when it started to bubble. I didn't bother putting it in a pan and baking it since the rolls were already baking. Loved that dinner was made in less than 30 minutes (not including the time to preheat the oven). I added a 3/4 to 1t of all the spices. We like flavor.
Nov 23, 2015
I have found that any recipe that calls for biscuits for topping, I pre bake the biscuits until the bottoms are lightly brown, then top the casserole, if not they come out with that uncooked middle ect.. this is a good simple recipe that can be tweaked in so many ways!Thanks for sharing.
Mar 30, 2015
The filling was delicious, but the biscuit bottoms were very doughy, even though I cooked them as long as possible without burning. I think I would bake the biscuits separately next time.
Nov 10, 2014
After 45 mins of cooking the biscuits were still doughy ... Really disappointed.
Oct 6, 2012
This was so fast and so delicious. I would however double the entire recipe minus the biscuits next time though...lots of biscuits not enough filling..