Favorite Baked Spaghetti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13x9-in. or 3-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake until cheese is melted, 20-25 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 526 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 881mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 12, 2018
Tastes just like lasagna but way easier!
Jul 19, 2018
It's E-Z to make and it awesome for a big doings.
Jul 18, 2018
Has anyone frozen this dish?
Jun 12, 2018
This is the BEST baked spaghetti I've made. Used home canned spaghetti sauce otherwise followed the recipe.My family LOVES it!!
Jun 6, 2018
I make this at least twice a month. Everyone loves it
Feb 25, 2018
I've tried quite a few Baked Spaghetti recipes but this is the best one for sure. I did use two jars of sauce: one tomato and basil and the other vodka sauce. I also added some fresh basil to the meat sauce and I used 2 teaspoons of seasoned salt. It was delicious served with a sweet salad and garlic bread. The bonus is having leftovers. Glad I finally found my go to Baked Spaghetti.
Feb 22, 2018
Very, Very Good!!I used 16ounces of Italian sausage and 1/4 lb of ground chuck. Used all mozzarella. And by mistake in this crazy house forgot to put the second layer of cottage cheese in.
Feb 21, 2018
I know this recipe is absolutely delicious even though I haven't made it yet. I made the sister version, if you will, with chicken and it was the best in comfort foods. I am thinking of making this for my next monthly church fellowship dinner.
Feb 21, 2018
This is the ultimate in comfort foods! I made it exactly as written and it was wonderful. I will definitely make it again.
Feb 21, 2018
I had my doubts when I decided to make this recipe...it was delicious, my picky husband even loved it, I will keep this recipe handy