Spicy Shrimp & Crab Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 8 radishes, halved and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Spicy Hot V8 juice (about 16 ounces)
- 1 cup Clamato juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked small shrimp
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and cubed
- Mix the first 10 ingredients. Gently fold in shrimp, crab and avocados. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours or until cold. Serve in martini glasses.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 162 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 604mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
May 19, 2015
I wanted to LOVE this recipe but did not. I only wanted to give this a 3 but my company seemed to enjoy it last night so i gave it a 4. i thought Clamato juice was clam juice. Oooops on my part so i added juice from 1 and a 1/2 lemons to mask that boo boo. I did use Smirnoff bloody mary mix (spicy). The recipe needs either lemon or lime anyway. Crab meat expensive so would prefer to make a recipe with crab where it does not get masked by all the ingredients in this recipe
Jun 23, 2014
I made a quarter of this it worked out just fine. Delish and refreshing esp during dog days of summer. I used frozen crab I have on hand for canned, but next time I plan on using the crab sticks in lieu of frozen or canned crab for economy. I also used fresh shrimp quickly boiled until barely pink. Thanks for sharing.
Jan 1, 2014
Excellent for parties, I received many, many compliments and requests for the recipe. I used spicy bloody mary mix in lieu of the V8 and Clamato.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.