Spicy Crab Salad Tapas
I served these at a party and everyone went wild! These delicious morsels have a crispy flaky outside filled with creamy sweet crab that has a little kick. I used scalloped edge cookie cutters to cut my pastry, but you can use a small biscuit cutter. —Vanessa Mason, Summerdale, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1 can (16 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Minced fresh parsley and seafood seasoning, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. Combine the first 12 ingredients. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll each pastry into a 10-in. square; cut each into twenty-five 2-in. squares. Using a round 1-1/2-in. cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the puff pastry squares. Whisk egg and water; brush over pastry. Place cutout squares on top of solid squares; transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Once cool, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of crab salad into center of each cooked pastry. If desired, top with minced parsley and seasoning. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 145 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Spicy Crab Salad Tapas in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018