Spicy Seafood Stew
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 4-3/4 hours
Makes9 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 pound carrots, sliced
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 jars (6 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until potatoes are tender, 4-1/2 to 5 hours. Stir in water, scallops and shrimp. Cook, covered, until scallops are opaque and shrimp turn pink, 15-20 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 229 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 803mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 6, 2017
Used V8 juice. Yum.
Jun 27, 2011
I made this recipe not once but twice and I see a third time in the near future.
Nov 4, 2009
This recipe is absolutely loved by my family. They ask for it repeatedly and I make it as I can. I think it's awesome and so does my family.