Special Spicy Seafood Sauce
"I've been serving this tangy seafood sauce for over 30 years, and I'm always asked for the recipe," says Carolyn Chapman, Yelm, Washington. "Low in fat and easy to make, it's a great seafood sauce to serve with a cold shrimp as an appetizer. The recipe is easy to halve or double, too. I've found it's usually smart to make extra. It goes so fast!"
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 28 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Special Spicy Seafood Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.