Spicy Cajun Stew
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked Polish sausage or kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until lightly browned; drain. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in spinach. Return to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 356 calories, 25g fat (10g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 1604mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Nov 8, 2011
Really easy to make..love it
Dec 13, 2009
I halve the sausage and use a 4 oz can of green chilis and 2 cans of diced tomatoes instead of the combo cans. I also use regular, cooked rice and add it when the recipe says to add the instant rice. It turns out great each time!
Sep 18, 2008
This stew couldn't be any easier to make, it tastes great and it's very filling!!! I'm making it again tonight!! Thanks so much for the recipe!!