Shrimp Lover Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 24 cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, unroll crescent dough into a long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and salt until smooth. Spread over crust. Top with the seafood sauce, shrimp, green pepper, onion and cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 109 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Jan 20, 2014
Delicious appetizer. I made this for a party that was cancelled at the last minute, so I served it with dinner as a first course. My niece commented that she thought it would be too messy for a party appetizer since it was pretty loaded with toppings. I think as long as small plates are used ; rather than just a cocktail napkin it would be fine.
Nov 23, 2013
My family and friends' favorite - they always say, "Make your "Lovers Squares" even for Thanksgiving!
Dec 2, 2010
Too many flavors going on. Barely tasted shrimp. Maybe because I cut the Shrimp in thirds to make cutting it into squares easier
Jan 17, 2010
I made this for the first time and served them at a cockatail party. They went almost untouched and the few that DID try them, did not like them. I didn't like them either!
Dec 15, 2009
I've made these squares many times and each time get many, many compliments!
Aug 13, 2009
I'm not a big fan of cocktail sauce, but these were delicious! I lightened them up using red. fat crescent rolls, red. fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), and reduced fat sour cream. I'm hoping to find a red. fat Monterey Jack cheese!