Caribbean Crabmeat Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes13 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine the pineapple, crab, red and jalapeno peppers and cilantro.
- Drain and rinse pasta in cold water; add to crab mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2013
Very yummy! A great take on an old favorite! (Next time I am going to add sliced black olives) :)
Oct 15, 2011
My whole family loved this and we have had it several times. We didn't add the jalapeno pepper just our taste preference. I have two teenage boys that loved this salad too!
Oct 3, 2010
This was a great meal. The pineapple adds a sweet taste. The combination of flavors was great. My husband and teenage boys asked for it again.