Caribbean Crabmeat Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes13 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 3/4 pound imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine the pineapple, crab, red and jalapeno peppers and cilantro.
- Drain and rinse pasta in cold water; add to crab mixture. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 148 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 193mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
May 28, 2013
Very yummy! A great take on an old favorite! (Next time I am going to add sliced black olives) :)
Oct 15, 2011
My whole family loved this and we have had it several times. We didn't add the jalapeno pepper just our taste preference. I have two teenage boys that loved this salad too!
Oct 3, 2010
This was a great meal. The pineapple adds a sweet taste. The combination of flavors was great. My husband and teenage boys asked for it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.