Creamy Crab Salad
This easy-on-the-pocket salad beautifully dresses up economical imitation crab. My husband's grandmother gladly shared the recipe. —Barb Stanton, Winona, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium shell pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 to 2 teaspoons pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add crab, onions, carrot, cucumber and green pepper. Combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, sugar, seasoned salt, vinegar and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 370 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Crab Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.