Flavorful Crab Pasta Salad
“After enjoying this recipe for years, I substituted fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat dressing one day,” shares Heather O’Neill from Dudley, Massachusetts. “I was just delighted to find it kept all the same wonderful flavor!”
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, crab, peas, broccoli, green pepper and onions. Combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing and Parmesan cheese; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1.330 cups: 251 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat.
Originally published as Seafood Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2006