Crab Salad Supreme
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup minced green onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 4 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, vegetables and seasonings. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, chili sauce and lemon juice; pour over salad and gently toss to coat.
- Arrange lettuce on four individual plates or serving plate. Top with crab salad; garnish with eggs and tomatoes. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 401 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 292mg cholesterol, 1031mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Nov 13, 2010
Here's some suggestions for reducing the salt: put the crab in a colander and run it under cold water for a few minutes and drain thoroughly. Eliminate the 1/2 t salt and reduce the chili sauce. I haven't made this recipe yet, but it looks very good. I agree with Aquarelle, self-righteous bloviating is uncalled for. In capitals, no less!
May 14, 2009
Michigangirl, nobody's holding a gun to your head and forcing you to eat this. So don't eat it. All the more for me.
Feb 22, 2009
NOWADAYS MOST PEOPLE ARE MORE HEALTH-CONCIOUS THAN WHAT YOUR RECIPE SHOWS.THE SODIUM IS WAY TOO HIGH FOR ONE SERVING. THINGS LIKE THE CANNED CRABMEAT, CHILI SAUCE,SALT AND MUSTARD ALL REALLY LOAD ON THE SODIUM.PLUS YOU USE REGULAR MAYONNAISE AND SOUR CREAM;NOT THE FAT-FREE VERSIONS TO CUT DOWN ON THE FAT CONTENT. I WOULD NOT TOUCH THIS RECIPE WITH A TEN FOOT POLE!
Jan 4, 2008
This crab salad recipe is so good that I sometimes crave it. Occasionally I make it as part of a special dinner for just my husband and me -- he likes it as much as I do.