Crab Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) couscous
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a saucepan, bring the broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Fluff with a fork.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and cumin. Add the crab, mangoes, tomatoes and onions to couscous. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 443 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2015
Great fast meal for a warm day or potluck picnic. We add 1 cup thawed frozen peas and 1 Tablespoon chopped mint, otherwise as written.
Oct 16, 2010
This was good and easy to make. I used more cumin than called for and also added a couple pinches of dried lemon grass. It was still somewhat bland, perhaps due to the low sodium vegetable broth I used. Next time I will add salt.