Crab Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) couscous
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2 pounds imitation crabmeat, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a saucepan, bring the broth and butter to a boil. Stir in the couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool to room temperature. Fluff with a fork.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice and cumin. Add the crab, mangoes, tomatoes and onions to couscous. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 443 calories, 17g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Jun 7, 2015
Great fast meal for a warm day or potluck picnic. We add 1 cup thawed frozen peas and 1 Tablespoon chopped mint, otherwise as written.
Oct 16, 2010
This was good and easy to make. I used more cumin than called for and also added a couple pinches of dried lemon grass. It was still somewhat bland, perhaps due to the low sodium vegetable broth I used. Next time I will add salt.