Cran-Orange Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups uncooked pearl (Israeli) couscous
- 2 cans (14 ounces each ) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 fresh basil leaves, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Fluff with a fork; cool. In a bowl, combine couscous and the next nine ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients until blended. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Garnish with additional chopped basil and reserved fennel fronds.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 403 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2018
I didn't have couscous on hand so I substituted tri-color quinoa. It was a great salad! I also didn't need 12 servings, but the recipe was easy to divide in half. It still makes a generous amount.
Jun 14, 2018
I made this yesterday to serve with bbq'd steak and grilled asparagus. It was very tasty. I served the nuts on the side so they would stay crisp. I made 1/2 a recipe and there was easily enough for 8. The one thing was the Ingred. were very expensive but it made a quality dish. I would recommend this salad. Janet. VFE
Jun 9, 2018
I rate it 5 stars but can't get them to show. So easy to "make your own" version and simply combine the amount needed for 2 generous servings! I eliminated the fennel, used Harvest Grains from Trader Joe's instead of pearl couscous, and canned Mandarin orange segments in lieu of fresh. Big hit! Great salad and filling with the grains, nice combo. LOVE the dressing, so flavorful, will use it with other salads also. Might try topping with grilled chicken strips or shrimp for a whole meal.