Cranberry-Nut Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet yellow or red pepper
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare couscous according to package directions using water and olive oil. Fluff with a fork; transfer to a large bowl. Refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Add cranberries, green onions, yellow pepper and almonds to couscous. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients; toss with salad. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Jun 23, 2012
I have made this salad many times. It is pretty, colorful, and tastes great. Simple to make and easy to take for picnics or potlucks. A very light dish. You just want more and more!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.