Summer Garden Couscous Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 medium cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1-1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 6-9 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, cheese, onion and parsley. Drain corn and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry; cut the kernels from the cobs. Add to cucumber mixture. Stir in couscous.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice and seasonings. Pour over couscous mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Apr 7, 2020
Really good salad. I might leave the corn out next time, but with or without, it was really good. Didn’t have fresh corn so I used frozen, and cooked in the microwave for a couple of minutes. I had leftover couscous that had been cooked in chicken broth. Used a yellow onion instead of red because that’s what I had. I didn’t have small tomatoes so I just diced up a couple of tomatoes. Was perfect. Next time, I might add avocado.
Mar 16, 2018
Feb 26, 2016
This is a wonderful tasting salad. My husband and I both enjoyed it When making again however I would increase the dressing by half as we found it a little dry the next day.
Aug 27, 2015
I'll just add my five stars to the list! This is outstanding and something I will be taking to the next potluck! I made it for dinner, but keep grabbing a spoon and taking a bite! My SIL has a hard time with onions, so I mixed it all up with out the onion, took some out, then added the onion. It's great both ways!
Jul 20, 2015
There is a reason why everyone gives this recipe 5 stars…it is really, really good.
Apr 27, 2015
Dec 18, 2014
This recipe is really really good. Every time I make it everyone LOVES it. I double the garlic and use a little more onion. However, recently I switched over to the Paleo diet and this recipe is amazing with cauliflower instead of couscous. Great recipe everyone will enjoy.
Sep 14, 2014
This is sooooooo good!!! Wonderful flavor, good the next day. Perfect for summertime barbecue!
Jul 28, 2014
I made this salad using fresh corn, cucumber, and yellow cherries from my garden. My corn was so sweet that I shirked away from boiling it. So, I added the uncooked kernals right from the cobs and am pleased with the outcome. The salad is light and refreshing and works great as a main lunch course or a dinner side dish.
Jun 8, 2014
made this today. I didn't have red onion but I am ok with that I am not a big onion fan. I made this to have for a quick lunch with some grilled chicken added to it!