Greek Couscous Salad
Bright flavors and crisp raw veggies make a satisfying salad that's hearty enough to be a full meal. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min. + cooling
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked whole wheat couscous (about 11 ounces)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, until broth is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients. Add cucumber, tomatoes, parsley, olives and green onions to couscous; stir in dressing. Gently stir in cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 335 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 637mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Greek Couscous Salad in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.