Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce
Reel in a breezy taste of the seashore with these delectable, crispy-coated crab cakes from Oxford, Pennsylvania’s Marjie Gaspar. Her refreshing, lip-smacking lime sauce adds a delightful summery tang to this old-fashioned favorite.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian salad dressing mix
- 1-1/2 cups crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 35), divided
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, onion, mustard, dressing mix, 1 cup cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Shape into six patties; coat with remaining cracker crumbs.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook crab cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- For lime sauce, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime zest, and remaining mayonnaise and lime juice until blended. Serve with crab cakes.
Nutrition Facts2 crab cakes with 1/4 cup dip: 1039 calories, 92g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 1207mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Crab Cakes with Lime Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.