Easy Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 crab cakes: 239 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Jun 10, 2018
although this is an easy recipe - the nutritional values that they list are WAY off - for example it's actually 63g of carbohydrates - not 13g as they listed. won't be making this again
Jun 4, 2018
Too much breadcrumb missing the main ingredient, old bay
Apr 30, 2018
Made this tonight. Used blue crab claws meat. Next time will add some Parmesan cheese to the mix. A quick 20 min chill in the freezer for the patties really helps with the cooking. I did add olive oil to the butter for frying and then finished in the oven. Also, the fresher the crab the better it will taste.
Feb 8, 2018
We loved them. Will defiantly make again.
Oct 7, 2017
This is not the Baltimore crab cake that I grew up with. No onion and the main ingredient is missing (OLD BAY)
Jun 28, 2017
would anyone know IF you could substitute tuna for the crab? To me crab is sweet tasting I like it but not as a whole cake, just a stuffing in something else.
Jun 17, 2017
Followed recipe exactly. We loved them! Will make again and again!
Jun 15, 2017
Very good easy recipe. Will definitely make again.
May 14, 2017
Needs a little kick! I added a touch of Tabasco and some finely chopped jalape?o. Some Dijon s well, a touch of horseradish too. Refrigerating before frying helps!
Apr 7, 2017
Would it be possible to bake these instead of frying them? I can't wait to try them, but I can't eat fried foods.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.