Easy Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts2 crab cakes: 239 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 18, 2020
I likes these a lot. I did use some Cajun seasoning just cause I'm from the south and that's how we roll. I did make some without the seasoning it difficulty needs something there to add a little flavor. I also strongly suggest using the package crab meat found in the refrigerated fish select of your location store. It's very good and a lot fresher then what's in those cans plus you can see what your buying. And I guess if your from Maryland just add old bay, lol.
Jul 15, 2019
they may be easy- but they are not Maryland crabcakes- I should know- I am from MD! Old Bay sells a packaged crab cake mix that is better then this recipe- just need to add mayonnaise!
Jun 22, 2019
Being as I am a Maryland girl, nothing beats the crab cake recipe on the Old Bay can.
Jan 1, 2019
I used frozen Dungeness crab... I think there was too much moisture and they did not hold together very well, but I just added more bread crumbs. They were good... not great.
Oct 26, 2018
They are tasty, but hard to get to stick together--especially when trying to flip them onto the other side for browning.
Jun 10, 2018
although this is an easy recipe - the nutritional values that they list are WAY off - for example it's actually 63g of carbohydrates - not 13g as they listed. won't be making this again
Jun 4, 2018
Too much breadcrumb missing the main ingredient, old bay
Apr 30, 2018
Made this tonight. Used blue crab claws meat. Next time will add some Parmesan cheese to the mix. A quick 20 min chill in the freezer for the patties really helps with the cooking. I did add olive oil to the butter for frying and then finished in the oven. Also, the fresher the crab the better it will taste.
Feb 8, 2018
We loved them. Will defiantly make again.
Oct 7, 2017
This is not the Baltimore crab cake that I grew up with. No onion and the main ingredient is missing (OLD BAY)