Crab Crescent Loaf
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes1 loaf (12 slices)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat or 1 can (6 ounces) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- On a greased baking sheet, unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; seal seams and perforations. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, onion and dill until blended. Spread mixture lengthwise over half of the dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top with crab.
- Fold dough over filling; pinch seam to seal. Brush the top with egg yolk. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 144 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 5, 2015
made it as directed in recipe. was beautiful golden brown and completely soggy, slimy inside. could not serve it.
Feb 17, 2015
Great, and good looking too! Was the first thing to go at my last buffet.
Jan 20, 2013
very good. pretty easy to make.
Jan 15, 2013
Easy recipe. Good taste. Simple but good.
Jan 5, 2013
I have made this several times now. It is a great appetizer and a must have at our Christmas Brunch. Easy to make the night ahead and refrigerate. Baste with yolk in the morning and throw in the oven.
Dec 27, 2012
Very good easy to make. My husband boys ate it all. Will make again.
Aug 18, 2011
Would even be great as a light dinner with a salad !
Feb 27, 2010
I just made this a little over an hour ago and can I say yummm? It would be great appetizer or just a snack. I did not use any onions because my husband and I do not like onions... I substituted the onions with onion powder. They were awesome! I will def. be making this again... thanks!!
Feb 8, 2010
Oh My Gosh!!! This was just wonderful. I fixed this for the Super Bowl yesterday and only 3 slices were left. Mind you there were only 5 adults and 2 children to eat it and I had a ton of food. My dtr-in-law almost foundered herself with it. Yes, I will be making it again, soon.
Dec 29, 2009
A friend made this for a small jewelry party a few years ago. I asked for the recipe but her family got transfered to Germany before I could get. I'm thrilled to find it here. Thank you so much.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.