Sweet Potato Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min./ batch
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 green onion (white part only), chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
- 4 cans (6 ounces each) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, egg yolk, pepper, bread crumbs, cornmeal, sweet potato, onion, parsley, lemon juice, mayonnaise, seafood seasoning, mustard and seasoning blend. Fold in crab. Form into 12 patties; sprinkle with salt.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 crab cakes: 290 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 779mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2011
I would like to know where to find the Southwest chipotle seasoning blend. Who is the company that makes it. Is there a 800 no. to call the company. Can't find it in my hometown in Youngstown, Oh.
Mar 25, 2011
Quick, flavorful & delicious. They are wonderful with a little garlic or horseradish mayo. Highly recommend!!!!
Mar 19, 2011
These are very delicious and have a kick to them! I used cajun seasoning instead of the creole seasoning as I figured they were both the same thing. One thing, though: I would like to learn how to get the cakes from falling apart when transferring from hands to fry pan, turning over, and transferring to plate after they're done.