Seasoned Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
Makes8 crab cakes
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup cubed bread
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine crab and bread cubes. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mayonnaise, cream, lemon juice, butter, seafood seasoning, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Add to crab mixture and mix gently (mixture will be moist).
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Drop crab mixture by 1/3 cupfuls into crumbs; shape each into a 3/4-in.-thick patty. Carefully turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a large skillet, cook crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 197 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Sep 16, 2019
Cans of crab meat -- never! Bread crumbs to coat -- never! This is NOT an authentic Maryland recipe!
May 23, 2019
I'm sorry, these are not Maryland crab cakes. They are made only with backfin, and are never coated in bread crumbs. There's way too much filler in these. Try the receipe on the Old Bay can.
Sep 25, 2009
You want a tasty crabcake just use the receipe on the Old Bay Seasoning can. I am a Marylander and we do not bread our crab cakes. You make mix some crumbs in with the crab meat but the above sounds like someone that has never eaten a Md crab cake.