Company Shrimp-and-Crab Cakes
The addition of shrimp gives crab cakes a new flavor. Using panko instead of flour makes the prep easier, plus the cakes stay together without tasting doughy. I love these crab cakes served with mango salsa! —Regina Reynolds, Struthers, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./ batch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- LEMONY DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Fold in crab and shrimp. Shape into 12 patties; coat with panko bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with crab cakes.