Company Shrimp-and-Crab Cakes
The addition of shrimp gives crab cakes a new flavor. Using panko instead of flour makes the prep easier, plus the cakes stay together without tasting doughy. I love these crab cakes served with mango salsa! —Regina Reynolds, Struthers, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 10 min./ batch
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- LEMONY DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Fold in crab and shrimp. Shape into 12 patties; coat with panko bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook crab cakes in oil in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with crab cakes.
Nutrition Facts2 cakes with 2 tablespoons sauce: 355 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 462mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Colorful Company Crab Cakes with lemon sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019