Ensenada Shrimp Cocktail
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon key lime juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- Lime wedges
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro. Combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice and seasoning; drizzle over shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Using a slotted spoon, place shrimp mixture in cocktail glasses, about 1/2 cup in each. Garnish with lime wedges.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 105 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 323mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 10, 2015
This was a hit at my Super Bowl Party!! Delicious! People were raving!!
Apr 22, 2013
We own Serenity Valley Winery in Missouri and for my Wine Trail pairing this past weekend I made and served this to over 100 people. Great response but I did make two changes: did not use tomatoes and instead added chopped mini bell red,yellow, and orange peppers.
Apr 25, 2012
This recipe hit all the right notes with me. The only thing I added was garlic and ginger because I am obsessed with both; otherwise, I followed this recipe to the letter and found it to be spicy and delicious! If you want heat, leave the veins and seeds in the peppers. For less heat, remove the seeds. For no heat, remove the veins too and mince the peppers very fine
Feb 6, 2011
Pretty good. Next time I would add some minced garlic and lime zest to pump up the flavor a little bit. Would also be good with some red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper or the jalapeno seeds added to increase the heat.