Spicy Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomato juice, tomato sauce, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 348 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 4, 2014
Everyone loved this! I used Campanelle noodles (like mini lasagna noodles - can find them at Target) and I added about 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Tasted great!
Mar 26, 2012
Delicious! This recipe was very easy and family says make again.