Spicy Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 9 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, tomato juice, tomato sauce, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and sauce is thickened.
- Drain fettuccine; stir into skillet. Sprinkle with basil just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 348 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 374mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
May 4, 2014
Everyone loved this! I used Campanelle noodles (like mini lasagna noodles - can find them at Target) and I added about 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Tasted great!
Mar 26, 2012
Delicious! This recipe was very easy and family says make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.