Spinach Shrimp Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound uncooked fettuccine
- 1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and salt; saute for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain fettuccine and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 283 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Feb 2, 2017
I made this for dinner, this evening, and feel that it was a bit bland. Sorry, but unless you have a piece of shrimp in every bite, which isn't the case, something needs to be added flavor-wise -- red pepper flakes, or as mentioned, feta cheese...Just something complimentary for added taste. Otherwise, it is a fast and easy little pasta dish.
Mar 1, 2015
I loved it but I added some feta cheese to it for more flavor.
Feb 9, 2015
Very easy to prepare and delicious!
Mar 3, 2013
add more tomatoes and some mushrooms
Sep 25, 2012
Added zucchini to the recipe and it was delicious!
May 2, 2012
This was Ok but not great, it was too bland for my taste.
Feb 26, 2011
have made again and again. Quick and sooo good
Apr 25, 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.